If you are nearing menopausal age, you may feel like symptoms such as night sweats and hot flashes are inevitable and resign yourself to a few years of restless sleep and low energy levels. However, these symptoms—indicative of a hormone imbalance—don’t have to be a part of your life for the next ten years.
Female hormone pellets are formulated to slowly deliver hormones such as testosterone and estradiol to help correct and maintain appropriate hormone levels. If you’re wondering if you could benefit from hormone therapy, read on to learn more about how hormone pellets for women can help you get back to feeling your best.
People have been using hormone therapy to help restore hormone levels to their natural levels since the 1930s. A number of applications exist, such as hormone patches, topical creams, lozenges, vaginal inserts, or pills, however, subcutaneous hormone pellets have numerous advantages.
First, female hormone pellets provide a steady, slow dose of hormones directly into the bloodstream for up to six months. The slow, release nature of the pellets means you won’t suffer from a sudden influx of hormones that levels out throughout the day as you would with injections or gels. The pellets do not leave behind any residue and women are less likely to experience side effects than they would with oral or injectable hormones.
Before beginning hormone therapy, your doctor will evaluate your current hormone levels and individualize your hormone dosage to provide you with the best results. Female hormone pellets may contain hormones such as testosterone, estradiol, and progesterone.
Although testosterone is generally associated with males, testosterone is a vital hormone in women. Despite the need for testosterone, production of testosterone peaks when a woman reaches her mid 20s and then slowly declines from there. Low levels of testosterone can result in increased abdominal fat, hair loss, fatigue, low levels of libido, depression, headaches, and more. For some women, female hormone pellets with testosterone can reverse these symptoms and will be all that is required to treat menopausal symptoms.
Other women may need hormone pellets with the hormone estradiol. Estradiol is responsible for much of a female’s reproductive system and a woman’s estradiol levels begin to decline between the age of 40s-50s. Signs of low levels of estradiol may include hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, moodiness, and low levels of libido.
Additionally, estrogen helps prevent bone loss and fractures. Recentresearch has even shown women who start hormone therapy within six years of menopause have a reduced risk of heart attack and stroke.
Testosterone or estradiol pellets are implanted just below the skin near the hip or on the buttocks. Generally, the area will be numbed prior to insertion using a local anesthetic so you won’t feel a thing. The doctor will then make a small incision and use a specialized tool, called a trocar, to insert the pellets.
The pellets are about the size of a grain of rice and will slowly dissolve as they naturally release testosterone. The pellets will last anywhere from four to six months and then you will need to return to the doctor for another insertion.
Benefits of Hormone Pellet Therapy
1. Increase Libido: Low levels of testosterone, the hormone responsible for your sex drive, can lead to low levels of libido. Regulating your hormones can help return the spark to the bedroom and restore your sex drive!
2. Increase Energy Levels: Testosterone is at the core of energy and strength. It both directly and indirectly, affects parts of the brain that are responsible for normal mental processes, concentration, and mood. Without it, you can be left feeling sluggish and out of gas. Instead of attempting to fill the void with caffeine or energy drinks, hormone therapy works with your body to restore energy levels the natural way.
3. Increased Mood: Depression and mood swings can be yet another symptom of ineffective testosterone production. In somecases, hormone therapy can be an effective antidepressant and increase feelings of well-being while reducing fatigue and irritability
4. Prevent Weight Gain:If you are experiencing low levels of energy and depression, the last thing you want to do is hit the gym. Although you may be blaming your weight gain on all the sodas and coffee you’ve used to supplement your energy or the time you took a nap instead of hitting the weights, your weight gain could be due to hormone imbalance. Hormone therapy can help decrease fat, while also increasing muscle strength and density so you can get back to looking your best!
5. Sleep Restfully: Lastly, say goodbye to all the tell-tale signs of menopause like restlessness, hot flashes, and night sweats. Hormone therapy can help rebalance your body and finally get the good night’s rest you’ve been dreaming of without waking up in a cold sweat.
If you are a business that works with patients seeking hormone therapy then you want a trusted supplier that has experience with pellet therapy.Trocar Supplies has been in the pellet therapy field for over 15 years and offers over 40 types of specialized kits to streamline the insertion process. Specifically, the product catalog includes Disposable Individual Trocars, Disposable Medical Tray Kits, Stainless Autoclave Trocars, and Trocar Wrap Kits—along with a slew of additional categories for the most specialized needs.
Our kits are made in the USA and follow strict FDA and GMP guidelines so you know when you choose Trocar Supplies you will be receiving the most efficient method and safest product for hormonal replacement therapy.
Contact us today to learn more about our customized kits.