Instructions following insertion of pellet implants
- Avoid vigorous physical activity for 2 days
- Stair stepper, elliptical cross trainer, cycling or any activity that uses the gluteal muscles should be avoided immediately following the procedure.
- You may remove the white gauze dressing and shower the next day.
- The skin tapes (steri-strips) may be removed in 5-7 days.
- You may have slight redness around the small incision. This is normal.
- Minimal discomfort following the procedure is also normal.
- Infection is very rare (1:100) insertions however if redness and swelling increase after 48 hours you may have a minor skin infection or bruising.
- You may apply a warm washcloth or heating pad to the area
- Rarely a prescription for antibiotics (e.g. Keflex) is needed
Read more about post pellet insertion instructions for patients!